El Salvador San Salvador West/Belize Mission Spanish Speaking July 2015 - July 2017

Monday, November 2, 2015

the Atonement is right in front of us...Use it!

 First of all I would like to say whoever is praying for me to be safe from dogs but forgot yesterday, PLEASE DON´T STOP!! hahaha Last week was perfect dogwise except yesterday but nothing bad happened just keep that up whoever is doing that haha!

 Also whenever I get a package they take $5 out of your monthly account so for Christmas don´t send me a ton of packages haha or any at all I´m okay.

 But I found out this week that it is almost easier to understand an Elder Holland talk (favorite apostle btw) (https://www.lds.org/church/leader/jeffrey-r-holland?lang=eng) in Spanish than English haha. He uses such crazy words that they don´t have down here. Also in the translation they actually pronounce their S´s unlike here. Here they say Jalud pue, or Dio or vamo a jalir instead of Salud pues, Dios, and vamos a salir and those are only a few examples.

 So we have two little kids pretty much set on baptism for the 15th and two maybe and one more very unlikely but please pray for these people. José Daniel, William, Familia Cordon, and Carlos Hernandez.

 This week was cool. Helped carry water to people´s houses because the water in some houses has been shut off so that was kinda cool. Also saw the championship church soccer game against the biggest two wards (congregations) in our stake (group of congregations in an area) and that was crazy! haha!

 I need you guys to especially pray for me tomorrow. It´s my zone leaders birthday tomorrow and this family invited him and my companion and I to dinner and they are a recent convert. A mom and a daughter. Just the daughters dad is coming to their house tomorrow for the first time in forever and he apparently is a strong Catholic and he doesn't know about their baptism and we are just gonna show up. But I´m pretty sure everything will be okay.

 We were fasting yesterday and Satan was tempting us at every house, they all brought us food. But the hardest one was Hermano Siro, my first baptism, prepared a huge special meal for us Saturday while we were fasting and my companion said "actually my companion has to tell you something" so I had to to the honors of telling them we were fasting. But we said we would eat tomorrow and felt really bad and trust me, we ate yesterday...

 But everything here is going good it´s just hot and I have a ridiculous tan line already. But something interesting was we were buying food at a grocery store type place and there was this HUGE line and this military person came and grabbed me and said "here Elder you can go to the front" and when I got to the front the couple people ahead of me said "Go ahead" and I tried so hard to argue no but they made me. So after I waited like 30 minutes for my companion because they didn't let him go ahead haha! But I felt kinda bad but ya it's weird and cool being a Gringo missionary here.

 But funny dream my companion told me was he had a dream he brought a girl to this members house after his mission to marry her. And his sister asked him why he brought here to a member's house and he said she is more likely to make covenants with a member present lesson than a non hahahaha!! He has been a missionary for too long!

No we didn't do anything for Halloween although we did get two pieces of candy randomly, but not for Halloween or anything but I´m counting it. Just we were fasting so couldn't eat it haha. But I hope you all had a good week and a good Halloween and we will see who eats more for Thanksgiving!

Take care everyone and a quote I thought of, "Are we sleeping when the Atonement is right in front of us?" Use it!
Love you all and have a good week! :)

P.S.
Are you enjoying your mission thus far? What do you like or not like?
I love the food here but I hate mosquitoes and dogs. Without animals my mission would be pretty easy but that´s not the case. I like it though and pupusas are amazing just my companion doesn't ever let us eat any but my next companion I´m eating a ton!


No comments:

Post a Comment