El Salvador San Salvador West/Belize Mission Spanish Speaking July 2015 - July 2017

Monday, April 4, 2016

God watches over us even when we are dumb and forget things haha

I honestly don't know what to say but I'm happy and conference was amazing and I'm still in my area anddddd....ya haha :) I love you guys Salu pues!!

I'll do another one because I am bored haha. Well...I stayed in my area with the same companion so I am so happy!!! :) And conference was AMAZING!! just the electricity kept cutting out so...the talks were kind of spotty, (I think that's the right word) especially my favorite Elder Hollands :( Right when he was starting to get loud it cut off.. but it was still amazing!! :)

I am getting FAT!! I know my mom and dad don't believe me probably but it is true...haha. annndddd... we are doing good just people won't really open their heart right now and it kind of makes me feel bad as a missionary and stressed but my companion and I are doing a good job and I feel pretty good about all the work we are doing!

Just struggling for baptisms, we had one as a house last change. and everyone in our mission is struggling right now. But the Book of Mormon really helps and has so many examples of missionaries in these countries teaching and it is really cool and sometimes I feel just like them haha :P but! I realized at a meeting, even if I didn't baptize a single person, or help anyone or anything, the mission would still be worth it because of the AMAZING missionary friends that I have made! They are so amazing and such great loving guys! and we are ALL going to live in Utah after (granted most of the people already live there haha) but it is really sweet!!

Time is flying by and it makes me sad because I want to do more and I feel like I have barely any time left and I have barely done anything, but we will see!! :) But, I had Iguana eggs...those are weird to eat, and I moved this dirt mountain with shovels and a wheel barrow, and a half a foot wide wooden plank leading up to the top of the mountain to move the dirt, and you had to run or else you wouldn't make it to the top. That was hard, and falling or having the wheel barrow fall off the side stunk..hahaha but it was really fun and took most of the day one day :P

I saw one of my FAVORITE PEOPLE/MISSIONARIES EVER!!!!, leave his mission Wednesday and I have never seen him cry, and he didn't cry until he got to the van to leave. I left everybody to go talk to him and he was bawling his eyes out and it penetrated my heart. I am scared for this day, but it's not coming for a while haha so I am okay. But Elder Talledo is his name.

Also two more things, we were walking in the most dangerous area (which mom it isn't dangerous at all) at night because we helped people carry water to their house... and my comp looked in his backpack and everything for his flashlight because it is pitch black in this jungle. So we were peeing our pants and talking to the people trying to figure out a plan, and they thought they could walk with us...but that's not a good idea here. We tried figuring out the safest routes and everything but, it didn't seem to be going well. So we said a prayer with the family, and at the end of the prayer my companion starts freaking out! He said " I feel something moving in my pocket!" He reached in and out pulled the flashlight...coolest thing ever! And then we made it safe back :) God watches over us even when we are dumb and forget things haha. and the other thing is my comp. says hi :) But take care you all!! Work hard andddd...CTR!!! :) Salu pues!!!!

P.S.
What does salu puez mean? 
like....good bye I think haha I know how to use it but I'm not really sure what it means haha!

Funny pictures of friends :P 

Conference with Rigby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment