El Salvador San Salvador West/Belize Mission Spanish Speaking July 2015 - July 2017

Monday, January 23, 2017

Dangriga

Here I am in Dangriga speaking Garifuna!!! haha Just kidding I haven't learned it yet just the basics but everyone here knows Kriol so it's fine. Ummm...here is WAY different than Orange Walk....I feel that I am in a different country! But I get to live with Elder Richards so that is amazing!!!

We just went to this tourist beach in Hopkins today which was super cool!! Things are going great just the branch that we are in is struggling so much...please keep your prayers out for us and the branch!

But so I was thirsty yesterday on Sunday and I was like dang it...I can't buy any water...but then I realized oh I'm in Dangriga.. so I climbed a tree a little bit...grabbed a coconut..and smashed it on the tree and drank it. SO GOOD!!! And it fills you up fast!! Here is so amazing!!

We live right by a river that leads into the ocean... and we are about to go fishing in the ocean just without fishing poles but there is a long dock here. Also I am looking at the ocean while writing you guys...haha so pretty and blue not to make you guys jealous :P But here is amazing just the only down side is it's pretty small and people aren't the nicest..and we come home smelling like alcohol and marijuana everyday because of the amount people here take. It is really sad :( They could spend their money on a lot better things. But things are great!

My companion is Elder Hernandez from Guatemala and I am teaching him English! So we have two gringos and two people from Guatemala here. It is so amazing!!! Ummmm... lots of things interesting happened haha but I will tell them some other time :) We are just really praying for success and miracles so please pray with us. God hears prayers like Chapter 27 in Mosiah helps us to see. https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/mosiah/27?lang=eng
But things are going great!! Time flies so fast... :(





No comments:

Post a Comment