El Salvador San Salvador West/Belize Mission Spanish Speaking July 2015 - July 2017

Monday, October 24, 2016

If we are doing what is right, we will be blessed.

This week was a great week!!! Just there are changes tomorrow and I AM STAYING IN ORANGE WALK!!!! YESSSS!!!! haha but my companion is leaving, he is going to Belize City with one of my best friends Elder Burrell...but I love it here. I will have a companion that will come into Belize for the first time and I will try and teach him English haha.

We had a miracle baptism this Saturday. A cute 9 year old girl who is called Celeste. We didn't do anything for that, I didn't even know her name until Tuesday, but we had a miracle of having a baptism this change. Her dad baptized her which was really special. They have been inactive for quite some time. After the baptism the dad came up to me and said in broken English, "I never thought I would see the day when I would get to baptize my daughter. Thank you so much for all that you guys did. You have changed our lives forever." And I was super confused...all I did was talk to him last Sunday because he told me he wants his daughter baptized but I had no clue who he was. So I told him "Thank you sir but we didn't do anything." And he told me "No, you did so much for me. You know, there is something about seeing you guys just walk down past my house, walking back and forth, that makes one want to get out and do something, and be a better person. Even though you never knocked on my door, just seeing you guys walking by has changed my life." That was a huge testimony to me. If we are doing what is right, we will be blessed. And his 6 year old daughter was so happy yelling "My Sister is gonna baptize!!!" and she stood up on the chair in Sacrament to watch her sister get the Holy ghost and is so excited for her baptism. What a cool experience!

The rest of the week was pretty normal, except the sisters threw stuffed animals at me during a meeting with our branch mission leader who is getting married next month to an American girl who is coming down tomorrow. Also Abner is now the teacher's quorum president!!! Woohoo!!! And I am trying to learn creole now because studying English and Spanish is boring haha no offense and I broke a couple ankles in basketball while I was in Corazal and sent everybody home saying if you lost during sports night, you had to go because it was super late and they didn't want to leave. Cool stuff haha and my comp made me mac and cheese because we finally got gas for the stove. Good week! I hope you all had a great week!!! Take care and do what's right!!!


P.S.  Had to share this because it made me LOL...in Brandon's email to me he said the following:
"I'm still District Leader of 4 girls. Holy cow I am learning a lot haha :P"
I replied, "So what have all these girls taught you?!!!"
His response, "ummmmm...how to listen...how to listen..and listen..and listen...and listen.......and then listen...and then say everything is going to be okay... and listen... and listen.... and be more creative so they aren't bored at District meetings...and then listen....and then listen hahaha :P"

LOVE this boy and all that he is learning about the mission, life, and girls:)


No comments:

Post a Comment