El Salvador San Salvador West/Belize Mission Spanish Speaking July 2015 - July 2017

Monday, October 12, 2015

do what matters most

This week went alright just felt really long. But I got cards on Wednesday so thank you all so much for the cards!!! :) Also the voice of Elizabeth Swan in Pirates of the Caribbean 3 is so annoying, haha possibly saw a part of that at a members house for dinner. Also I've been thinking about the quote "When you can´t do what you have always done you only do what matters most" and that really applies for missionaries not just the elderly :) I miss a ton of stuff but it is helping focus on what matters most.

We got 3 new investigators last week but no one will come to church and it is so annoying because you have to have someone go to church 3 times to baptize them, but they all work on Sundays (like everyone here) and so they want to be baptized, but never go to church. But something that has made me happy is when I walk by the church there are Latinos playing soccer there because that is the only field here, and they see me and yell at me to come over and change and like taking turns guarding me in basketball and it is so fun! haha Usually I can´t because I´m busy but sometimes I get the chance for a bit and that is really fun making them look bad! Just so glad they don´t try me in soccer haha! 

But Saturday was a hard day. First we were fasting, it was hotter than the hottest day in GA, and we were walking from 1 until 8, and not a single person let us in. We must have stopped by at least 100 houses, members, non members, and nothing. But it was a good day over all and my companion and I just kept singing "Don´t worry, Be happy" haha!

Also this really cool missionary I like, Elder Ramos, tore his knee a week or two ago and hasn´t been able to walk. The mission president said he might be able to walk later so he is still on his mission, but now he isn´t able to and they are sending him home this transfer, one before he was supposed to finish (he has 23 months) but they are still counting it as a full mission and stuff but I feel kinda bad for him. I went on splits with him one day and we couldn't do anything, but I figured out really like to play the guitar. :) So I practiced a lot and I really like it haha.

But one more story, the piano guy I met, we were teaching him the Restoration then randomly, out of no where (he is old and kind of gets side tracked a bit) said "Elder, is Joseph Smith in heaven or hell" and we said he was in the spirit world waiting to be judged and then he yelled and said no Joseph Smith was in hell, after a while of talking my companion and I started packing up but something said "Don´t close your book Elder" I looked at the Spanish scriptures and decided to read a verse. After reading the verse we talked for another 30 minutes and it was all positive and he was agreeing for the rest of the Restoration and even gave us 20 lemons from his backyard...haha :) So that was cool! I am going to send a poem shortly,

BUT WAIT!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BEST FRIENDS IN MY LIFE!!! GABE I LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND WHEN WE HANG OUT I AM SO HAPPY!!! Thank you so much for liking all the things I like and making music, playing games, food, everything!! GA was so fun because of you man and I hope you have a great day young man!!!! Wish I could be there and hope to see you in about 3 years!! If I had more time I could write forever about you but thank you so much for being in my life and helping me enjoy life while still living the gospel! Stay you man!!!


A smile on my face is the only makeup I've got
I helped with everyone elses problems, but mine I forgot.
I think I took care of them all, but I´m not entirely sure
Forgetting by helping others seems to be my only cure
Preaching repentance, telling other people it´s easy
but have I been forgiven? not knowing makes me queasy
The spirit shoots out of my mouth to the people whom I speak
But when I´m praying to my Father, my words seem very weak
Up on the pulpit, people say I look like I have 100% spiritual health
Just sometimes I wish I could see. I just can´t see myself
Why do I feel like I´m struggling but people look up to me?
what do these people find in me that I can´t seem to see?
I look down below, and think other people should be up here
Thinking that I´m going to be a disappointment is one of the things I fear
I talked to the mission president, feel a little more at peace.
Why can I puzzle other lifes together but mine I can´t find a piece?
I know how to answer other other peoples questions, the answer is always on my mind
but when asked how I´m doing, I don´t know? that wasn't on the study guide
I don´t know what to do so I´ll just keep on being the leader
Teaching other people to believe, and I´ll keep trying to be a believer
Leading by example isn't what I really should do
If only people knew about my past, more sins than a few
"Remember them no more", Why can´t I do the same?
How do I make others feel better when all I feel is pain?
I got home that day and decided to look in the mirror
Saw the name tag on my chest. This time I didn't feel inferior
That day I realized everyday just try to do my best
Even if I mess up one day, God will help me do the rest
If I rely on Him, He will work through me
He went through everything. He overcame Gethsemane
With Him on my side there is nothing I can´t do
He told me not to worry, just try, I will work through you
I´ll put the words in your mouth when you need them, remember they are mine
Don´t worry about being the best, you are because you are humble, now is the perfect time
The testimony which you have born has cleansed you from your past
Stop worrying about yourself. That should always be last
Keep being a leader, keep helping other men
You are serving me when you do this as well as them
Your pains shall be but a small moment, keep pushing on
Your challenges and afflictions will shortly be gone
People say that I am coming, but I have already come
Inside your soul and inside your heart have I already come from
Keep preaching my gospel, hang on there dear friend
Keep being you, and you will receive so much joy in the end
The next district meeting I had fire in my eyes
I said full of the Spirit "alright listen up guys..."
That day I felt His love and I know I did my best
I know God is here. His spirit took care of the rest
Many are called, few are chosen. I was chosen to be leader
Because of my sacrifice and humility, and I have faith in my Redeemer
Through losing myself I found myself and now I know who I am
I am His brother. He is my shepherd. And I am His lost lamb
Now I find others, other lost sheep of this fold.
This is my calling, this is who I am, this is what I've been told.
I look in the mirror, and now I see more than my reflection.
I see Jesus Christ beside me. Now I don´t see imperfection.



P.S.
Also Every Pday today I play the piano, One person on the top, one in the middle part, and one on the end and we make up a song with randoms chords and free style sing and it is so fun! Tell Nick and Justin to practice so I can do that with them haha!

WAIT CAN SOUTHWEST FLY TO BELIZE NOW??????? CAN WE GO THERE ALL THE TIME AFTER MY MISSION?????? And where exactly is the airport and Dad´s schedule...heheheeh Kidding!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment