El Salvador San Salvador West/Belize Mission Spanish Speaking July 2015 - July 2017

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

peace to my heart

Hey Family and Friends :)
 I hope all is well with you guys! Just got out of the temple again and it never fails to bring peace to my heart! Today was a really good week and this week my Spanish has took off! I talk to the Latinos here all the time and don´t translate in my head anymore. It is so cool and I just cannot wait to be out serving the people!!!

 Alright I´ll do bad news first, actually awful news. I had to get a shot this week because they changed the rules for tetanus shot and it hurt :( But my stomach has been feeling better and I keep switching in and out of the 2 and 3 club (for the bathroom) unlike most people who are just in the 3 club!! This week I also haven´t been as tired as a usually am so I think my body is getting used to it. 

We got two new Latinos in my room so that is helping with my Spanish a ton and his story is crazy!! He is 23 and has been a convert for only a year and a half. His mom died when he was a little boy and his dad left him when he was like 10 so it was just him and his sister. He is the only member in his family now and worries about his sister all the time but knows he will be blessed for it. Cool stuff. 

Also those who signed my pillow case I finally pulled that out and almost started crying because of how sweet you are. Thanks to all of you who have helped make me who I am. And no I´m not perfect but I wouldn´t change a thing about me or what I have grown up through or to become. I am so blessed to have this opportunity to serve the Lord here and to serve the people.

I hope school is going good for all of you who are in school, having the worst time of your lives while I´m having one of the best...hahaha not to brag but hang in there! Miss you all a bunch but I know I will get to see you all again soon! It´s flying by! 3 more weeks! I´m someone who has left my family for 2 years so others can be with theirs forever and although it´s hard I know this is the right choice. I made a poem I want to share with you all tomorrow but I forgot my journal so I will do it next week!! Can´t wait to be out and start sharing all my stories and teaching real investigators instead of teachers!
Les Amo :)

P.S.
In the CCM everything is fine and in Guatemala where I'm at the city is so nice!! Like there are the nicest houses everywhere and such nice cars driving around! Water is perfect here!

No comments:

Post a Comment