El Salvador San Salvador West/Belize Mission Spanish Speaking July 2015 - July 2017

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Look for God's hand...

Hey guys!!!

TODAY HAS BEEN SUCH AN AMAZING WEEK!!! I can´t explain it, I have just been so happy!! Everything just seems to be going good and it´s great!! Just went to the Guatemala City temple again, and I love it every time!!

I lost some of my best friends though, the Latino companionship in my room and I was pretty upset about that but they wrote in my journal and my pillow case and they just were so nice to me. Elder Castillo bore his testimony in a broken English to the room and it was incredible!! He was crying and it made everybody else cry! I got his email so I hope to stay in touch with him for the rest of my life!! He is a trooper!

I am pretty used to the food now and honestly it is pretty good! And I have also been learning about my area in San Salvador and apparently it´s kind of like a city like Atlanta just not as big, and I will have house maids who will do my cooking and clean my clothes so I feel kinda spoiled like back at home!

I have 3 poems that I have written but I don´t have them with me so I promise next week!!! I won´t forget!! My Spanish is completely taking off and so is my basketball playing!! Also I kind of like it here because playing basketball and walking to the temple we have body guards that walk with us with shotguns and pistols and it makes me feel really important haha! But I still cannot wait to get out into the feild and start teaching people!! It´s weird to think in 2 days I will have been a missionary for a month..it only feels like a week! It´s really cool but scary at the same time!!

Guys here are so amazing and nice and we all talk about doing cool stuff in Utah after missions and are pushing each other to be the best we can be now!! Also I looked D&C 68:2-4 (see below) and if any of you get the chance to read it it is a really cool missionary scripture. I urge you all to read your scriptures EVERYDAY!!! I´m not gonna lie it can be boring if you read it cover to cover, so look up a topic and find cool scriptures and promises and just study them!! It´s an amazing thing!!

Also pray to know the love that Heavenly Father has for you and I know he will answer you as he has answered me! Look for God´s hand and I know you will be able to find it . Seek and ye shall find! I hope you all had a great week and will have another great week!! Thanks for keeping up with me and writing me! I love every single email!! Stay true to the end!!
-Elder Austin

P.S. I had a really sweet experience yesterday and I have a thing I´m going to work on for my mission which is not ask for stuff I don´t need because there are some people out here who you wouldn´t believe how hard they have it and how lucky they are to be on a mission from their circumstances!! But Thank you so much for sending the suit and if I do need something I will definately ask I just ask that you guys keep emailing me! It makes me so happy reading all these emails :)

Doctrine and Covenants 68:2-4 
 2 And, behold, and lo, this is an example unto all those who were ordained unto this priesthood, whose mission is appointed unto them to go forth— 
 3 And this is the example unto them, that they shall speak as they are moved upon by the Holy Ghost. 
 4 And whatsoever they shall speak when moved upon by the Holy Ghost shall be scripture, shall be the will of the Lord, shall be the mind of the Lord, shall be the word of the Lord, shall be the voice of the Lord, and the power of God unto salvation. 

Here is a new picture :)
Brandon is in the back row, right center, yellow tie (his favorite color)

No comments:

Post a Comment