El Salvador San Salvador West/Belize Mission Spanish Speaking July 2015 - July 2017

Monday, July 11, 2016

Faith

Well this week was good. I had the sweet tender mercy to baptize another 8 year old girl and that was such a sweet!

So these two changes haven't been the easiest...but I will miss this and I have learned a lot! Especially about faith. Faith is more than a belief or a hope, faith is an actual power, and it's real, and strong, but we have to be willing to do what James says in chapter two in verse 17. ("17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. 18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works." New Testament James 2:17-18)
Like I was walking on this cliff area and there were two goats tied together but far apart. One goat fell off the cliff was hanging by his neck choking. I wanted to use my faith to save him, but faith without works is dead. I ran over and pulled it up and there was a huge strength that came over me and it wasn't from pupusas haha. Cool stuff out here that I will never forget.

But there is something sad I have noticed..when I teach someone over and over again and they don't listen, and I stop teaching them, a HUGE challenge comes over them and it makes me feel sad, but I know God is helping them in his own way.

So this week we might have a baptism. Please pray for Johanna and we have a baptism set and a marriage for September..but I doubt I will still be here. That is the sad part.

This Wednesday also, we had over 15 teenagers come play basketball with us, and that is more than we could of with soccer which is weird here...haha but we have gained so many investigators from basketball. That really makes me love the mission hahaha :P So that´s about it.

We also had a meeting with one of the people in our ward...and we were talking about how we can't enter certain areas because of the gangs here won't let us...and he said "you guys don't worry, Their boss respects me, I'm going to go talk to him and get you guys in to get the seed planted in this area" I love how all the missions are different. I'm so glad to have this mission, it is really cool and I am learning a lot. But take care everyone!

Happy one year! 
(Many missionaries burn a shirt at their one year mark)
 I baptized an 8 year old girl in the ward:)

No comments:

Post a Comment